ENCOURAGEMENT FROM GOD’S WORD
“Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths” – Proverbs 3:5-6
I must admit that I find it more difficult to trust God in the hard times than when things are easy. Perhaps you do too. I know that one reason for this is that I am leaning too much on my own understanding of things as they are. When I spend more energy trying to figure out what’s going on with the current COVID-19 crisis than I do in prayer and God’s Word, my attention has become focused on me and my comprehension rather than on God and His love for me. I become anxious, fears more easily settle in my mind, and I worry about the future. When this happens, I need to follow the corrective word of Scripture. I need to acknowledge Him, to consider the reality that whatever is happening in my world has not caught Him by surprise and has not moved me beyond his “good and perfect will” for me. Then, as I look to Him, he will direct my mental and emotional paths along more pleasant lines. May our Lord bless you and keep you today and always, Amen.
OUR CHURCH LIFE
- Kelly is distributing Holy Week Gift Bags to the families of our church. They are full of Easter fun and Holy Week reflections for our children.
- You can also check out our church’s facebook page where Kelly Paynter sends a video greeting to our children.
- We have activated our all-church contact “tree” whereby our congregation is being contacted by phone, email or text message to check in and see how you’re doing. If you have not yet received such a contact and would like to be included, please contact Gary Chase at 208-791-7220.
- We continue to fine-tune our online Worship videos, and we look forward to sharing these with you on Palm Sunday and Easter Sunday. We will also be bringing you a Good Friday Worship video.
- There are those in our congregation who are not on the internet and are therefore unable to access the resources available on our website. If you know of someone who would like to receive a copy of the weekly printed Sermon and/or the weekly Daily Devotions, please pass on their address to the church office. Or, if you would like to provide them yourself, you can download and print them.
- Our church offices are currently closed, but you can leave phone or email messages for us at 208-743-4444 and email@example.com. They are checked regularly.